Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Becoming a Mentor

The League consistently challenges me to expand my skill sets, and this past month was no different - I've become a mentor to three provisional (new) members. It's different to be the mentor when I'm more accustomed to being the mentee.  As the mentee, I know how to ask questions, be coached and decide which advice to follow. Yet as the mentor, I worry that I'm providing quality knowledege and teaching how to give critical thought to every situation.  Fortunately, my three mentees have made this new role an enjoyable one. These ladies are an asset to our organization - Olivia Benson, Haley Kozlowki and Brandi Darby. I'm excited to see their Junior League careers progress and all the talent they bring to our  projects.



With one of my mentees Olivia Benson at the Board of Directors meet and greet.


My good friend Pam Golubski and me at History Uncorked. Pam and I designed a student-alumni mentoring program when we were colleagues in the College of Engineering Dean's Office at Carnegie Mellon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment